Marketing Communications/PR Intern
Tipping Point Communications is seeking college juniors and seniors for our summer 2019 marketing communications/PR internship position. Interns will grow their marketing communication expertise while learning the ins and outs of an agency setting. To qualify, candidates must be able to receive college credit. Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Reports to: Communications Supervisor
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Event Support and Participation
- Conduct secondary research to support clients’ initiatives
- Compile media coverage reports upon client needs
- Prepare media kits and other marketing materials for distribution
- Attend client meetings on request of TPX Team
- Work closely with all team members to develop written materials for clients: news releases, fact sheets, backgrounders, etc.
- Help with event planning and logistics: coordinate quotes from vendors, scout event locations, planning documents, etc.
- Provide pre-event support: media relations activities, update action grids, attend meetings, etc.
- Provide on-site support: logistics, media management, distribute media relations materials, VIP coordination, etc.
- Support Tipping Point marketing efforts: write blog posts, create social media content, monitor social platforms, graphic projects using Adobe Creative Suite, etc.
- Assist with all departments including Research, Digital and Media as needed
- Regularly attend internal meetings: weekly huddles, PR team, account service team and agency meetings